Is the Dog name important?
Are you still thinking about the best name for the newest addition to your family? Do you know that the name you will pick out for your dog may reflect how you perceive your dog—names like Max and Betsy might mean you treat your dog no different than a child. While names like Champ or Hunter might denote the dog’s niche in society?
There are also dog names which are quite unique and catchy such as Bebo or Bubah. But there are dog owners who feel comfortable with classic names such as Buddy and Maggie. Others stick to Blackie or Spot to single out a dog’s quality while Happy or Grumpy can signify a pet dog’s personality.
Pick up the advice:
If you are still losing sleep on what would be the coolest name you can give your pet. Here are some things to remember—
- Stick to names containing one or two syllables. Think about the difficulty you might have when you try catching your dog’s attention. In the dog park by yelling “Cruella De Vil” or “Memphis Belle”.
- If you really want a long name for your dog, have a “call name” that is shorter and easier. Dogs with pedigree papers, particularly show dogs, often have a long phrase for a name. Which will often include their titles and kennel names.
- Most often it is easier to stick to a classic name such as Belle or Duke. Particularly when you love tagging him along in public. Think about the looks you will get when you call your dog “Killer” or “Meat Head” in a crowded place.
- If you want to go down the path less traveled. You can choose creative and unique names that can stand out and be easily remembered.
- Remember you will be calling out your pet’s name well over 30,000 times, so choose well and be sure to check the meaning before making the final decision.
Picking out a name for your dog is certainly daunting but definitely fulfilling. At first, you would certainly be besieged by a lot of choices and you’ll find it difficult to choose the best one. That will suit your fancy. However, the key to selecting the best name for your pet is to make the “name my pet” activity an enjoyable exercise.
You might have known by now that the most popular dog names in the US are Molly and Maggie for females. While it is Max and Jake for males. For some, naming their dogs may be a spur of the moment decision. However, some choose to take it slow by observing their dog and learning a little bit. About its personality before finally picking out the best dog name.
Top fifty Male dog name:
Top fifty Female dog name: